Saturday, September 17, 2022

Bible help to overcome Anxiety ?

 

Anxiety: Anxiety is a paralyzing fear of “what if.” I have suffered for quite long with anxiety and trusting on God to come out it. Solution to anxiety is just assurance that everything is going to be okay. But the world gives us no such assurances. I find my selves surrounded by real dangers resulting in an endless list of “what if.” It’s no wonder human beings are so afflicted with anxieties and anxieties only increase my misery.

Antidote to Anxiety: I will trust on God the Son stepped into this dangerous, demonic world, where even man’s greatest efforts to ensure safety are ultimately defeated by death. But he made the most audacious claim that is for every person who believes in him, everything is going to be ultimately, gloriously, eternally, inexpressibly, wonderfully okay (John 3:1611:25–26). I believe that “all authority in heaven and on earth” has been given to him (Matthew 28:18) so just trusting on Him.

With this authority He says “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life” (Luke 12:22). He does not promise us escape from misery but he promises that he will redeem every misery of mine (Romans 8:28), and that in him I will overcome the worst the world can do to me (John 16:33Romans 8:35–39).

Do not be anxious: Jesus said “Do not be anxious.” (Philippians 4:6-7) I believe that he says this knowing my past, my temperament, the seriousness of my current crises, and how intense my anxiety is. Of course, the command to not be anxious is humanly impossible. But “. For all things are possible with God” (Mark 10:27) and this is helping me to come out of anxiety.

The only way I can fulfil this command is “by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving,” making our requests known to God, trusting a specific promise. Then his peace, surpassing all my understanding, will guard my hearts and minds in Christ (Philippians 4:6–7). I cast my anxieties on God (1 Peter 5:7), and cease to be anxious in the strength He supplies (1 Peter 4:11).

Don’t Talk to Your Anxieties: If anxieties talk to me then I do not talk back to it. I talk to God. Anxieties can even impersonate, taking the form of people, often people, I know. These are some of the most insidious to fight.

My anxiety can come to me in my imagination in the form of that person, and start talking to us. It says provocative things to me and if I reply, I have engaged in a lengthy argument in my heads that arouses all kinds of sinful emotions and leads me to think and feel uncharitably toward the real person.

Scripture only instructs  to cast my anxieties on God in prayer and trust him to meet my needs, whatever they are (1 Peter 5:7Philippians 4:6–719) and forgive others (Mathew 6:14).This has helped a lot to reduce my anxiety and I will continue to believe on above.

Not All Anxiety Is Sin: There is righteous anxiety, like the anxiety of Jesus in Gethsemane (Matthew 26:38–39), Paul’s for the churches (2 Corinthians 11:28), and parents’ godly concerns over the spiritually dangerous influences their children will face in the world.

“Scripture instructs to cast my anxieties on God and trust him to meet my needs.” What keeps these anxieties from turning sinful is when I, like Jesus and Paul, translate our fear-fuelled concerns into prayer requests, weaving them with thanksgiving for graces I have received from God and the promises made (2 Peter 1:4), and give them over to God. When this occurs, a spiritually beautiful exchange takes place. God receives glory being the object of my  faith (2 Corinthians 9:8)  and I receive the joys of experiencing the mind and heart guarding peace that surpasses our understanding before we receive our request (Philippians 4:6–7), as well as the eventual provision I need.

Prayer is the key to escaping the snare of sinful anxiety. I will not listen to my anxieties and will not talk back to them. I will direct my talk to God and cast all my “what if” concerns on him because only he can give me the assurance that everything will ultimately be okay. I will keep on trusting Him like this to come out of the anxiety until I am free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faith—The Substance of Things Hoped For

  Main Text: Hebrews 11:1–2 -  “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obta...